Vice President of Business Development and Commercialization
Sylvatex, a green nanochemistry company, is solving some of the world’s biggest chemical problems. Made of biomaterials, our nanoparticles are engineered systems that manipulate chemicals, fabricate materials and structures, produce energy and enhance our environment by providing cheaper solutions. Our IP-protected platform and growing database addresses multiple billion-dollar markets – from next-generation batteries materials to fuels while significantly reducing the toxic waste and carbon from industrial applications. After 6+ years and a lot of sweat, tears and early successes, we are at an inflection point where all our innovations will create huge value for the market and do good for the planet.
As Vice President of Business Development and Commercialization your primary role is to generate revenue by developing and executing the company’s strategic business development initiatives. You are a game-changer who is passionate about making a positive impact on the environment through innovative clean energy solutions that will lower global GHGs. You are outgoing and proactive, capable of operating in a fast-paced, startup environment with little, or no, supervision and are comfortable with ambiguity. You have the demonstrated ability to engage a wide range of audiences and build credibility both laterally and vertically. Curiosity and optimism are two of your superpowers. You have vision. Like a master architect, when you see a path, you create a roadmap and iterate and build from there. This role will report directly to the Sylvatex Chief Executive Officer.
1. Develop and execute a strategic partnership roadmap
2. Develop and administer Joint Venture and Commercial Agreements3. Build and manage a high-performing business development team
4. Collaborate on cross-functional projects to identify opportunities and build out the company’s product pipeline
5. Foster and grow company values: Excellence, Community, Agility (solution, learning-focused), Plant Focus - Sustainable Global Solutions, Zest
- Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture, and values of the sales and business development group. Through personal example, establish the style and approach, which will be the commercial face of the company.
- Support the company by educating the team and other parties about the current state of the industry.
- Serve as a key member of the executive team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Spearhead business development and commercial initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy, including winning early customers with limited support.
- Manage multiple business initiatives in a start-up environment.
- Generate revenue, develop and manage strategic partnerships.
- Build and manage business development support.
- Able to manage complex contract negotiations, working with legal counsel as required.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly updates for the board & investors and other material requests by the CEO.
Requirements & Personal Attributes:
Sylvatex requires a senior business development executive who can identify potential deals and develop the tactics and teams needed to bring them to fruition. This executive will need to actively lead the business development function in an effective, aggressive manner. At the same time, this executive, as a member of the senior management team, is also expected to be a contributor to the management of the company as a whole.
- 10 years plus of business development, marketing, and/or sales experience in a relevant field (fuels, chemicals, advanced materials, energy, batteries, renewables)
- Experience marketing or selling products or services in a start-up or early-stage environment
- A solid understanding of the Company’s market: products, players, technologies, and a rolodex of contacts in related markets is a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated track record in developing partnerships and closing deals
- Strong experience in financial planning and analysis including budgeting, modeling, and tracking
- Good communicator comfortable presenting at the customer, partner and board level
- Self-starter, with the demonstrated ability to operate in a start-up environment and under tight timelines
- Excellent problem solver
Contact: Please submit your information to this form to apply.