Product Development Manager Job Description:
Sylvatex is leading the development of renewable micelle applications across a myriad of commercial applications and based in the Bay Area with laboratories in Berkeley, CA. Initially starting with applications in biofuels and now nanomaterial synthesis for cathode material, Sylvatex has evolved to develop a technology platform that harnesses the power of nanotechnology to improve sustainability in current commercial applications.
Responsibilities & Duties might include, but are certainly not be limited to:
- Personal commitment to safety and an incident free environment
- Ensure the technical work is carried out with integrity, information is collected and stored appropriately; and support partnerships, demonstrations, and new projects (even in times of chaos)
- Develop analytical methods and execute required work
- Generate product quality control assessments and product quality risk assessments
- Transfer analytical methods to the industrial partners
- Lead, ensure and maintain compliance with applicable regulations (e.g. Alternative Diesel Fuel regulations, ASTM standards, and Low Carbon Fuel Standards, etc.), including preparing all required reporting and documentation
- Prepare and present summary information and materials to industry leaders
- Design experimental program based on data analysis to demonstrate targeted system performance
- Determine formulation structure-property performance relationship for various products and technologies
- Characterize the formulation with operation (following appropriate training) of instruments such as: NMR, FTIR, GC-MS, viscometer, DLS, DSC
- Carry out basic laboratory procedures: with a focus on formulation determining key properties, recording observations and measurements, and troubleshooting problems that may arise
- Preparing batches of samples for testing
- Utilizing new raw material inputs
- Exploring new applications to expand the company’s technology platform
- Collaboratively engage with Sylvatex technical team on cross-functional projects and establish relationships and interact with testing laboratories, service providers, and industry experts
- Ensure proper documentation and record-keeping practices
- Ensure transfer of information and results to reports and SOPs
- Catalog all incoming materials and experiment results
- Help to develop and provide guidance on work plans and research projects with direction from advisors
- Maintain all lab areas in a clean and well-organized manner
- Managing chemical, equipment, and supply purchases and inventory and testing requests
Who you are:
- Motivated, team player
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Organized and excels at documentation
- Able to work well alone within provided work scope
- Successful at multitasking, managing innovative projects and programs simultaneously
- Excellent communicator, both written and spoken English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to be a leader in industry
- Ideal candidate will have an advanced degree with a concentration in analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, chemical engineering, or material science.
- Experience ensuring regulatory compliance and meeting compliance reporting requirements.
- 1+ years of industry experience. Previous work at LBNL would be useful.
- 3-4 days in the lab primarily at LBNL or other close by
- Part time position is a potential for the right candidate
Paid Position: Based on Experience
Please Note: No visa sponsorship and No relocation assistance
Contact: Please submit your information to this form to apply.