Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Business Development & Strategy Lead will be responsible for the overall management of the Company’s business development organization.
- Serve as a key member of the executive team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy, including winning early customers with limited support.
- Manage multiple business initiatives in a start-up environment.
- Outline technical value propositions, develop and manage key partnerships
- Generate revenue and manage strategic partnerships development and management.
- Build and manage a business development team.
- Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required.
- Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values of the sales and business development group. Through personal example, establish the style and approach, which will be the commercial face of the company.
This start up requires a senior business development executive who can identify potential deals and develop the tactics and teams needed to bring them to fruition. This executive will need to have a strong technical understand of the underlying technology as well as the ability to actively lead the business development function in an effective, aggressive manner. At the same time, this executive is also expected to be a contributor to the management of the company as a whole, as a member of the senior management team. These needs, essential at this stage of the company’s development, establish the necessary professional background and experience parameters for the successful candidate.
- Technical background of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering is required although a M.S. or PhD is preferred with business experience (MBA preferred)
- 5 years plus of business development, marketing, and/or sales experience in relevant field experience.
- Experience in business development or services in a start-up or early stage environment
- Solid understanding of Company’s technology and market: products, players, technologies, and a rolodex of contacts in related markets.
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
**Local candidates preferred